Mother's Day is on May 12 and making breakfast for Mom is an easy and inexpensive way for your children to do something special for Mom.
French toast is delicious and easy on its own, but your kids can create their own yummy breakfast variations with flavored breads and favorite toppings too.
• 2 eggs
• 2/3 cup milk
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
• salt to taste
• 6 thick slices bread
1. Beat together egg, milk, salt, desired spices and vanilla.
2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle of skillet over medium-high flame.
3. Dunk each slice of bread in egg mixture, soaking both sides. Place in pan, and cook on both sides until golden. Serve hot.