There are many auto insurance discounts available that you may not know about; and chances are, you may qualify for one or several of them. Your independent insurance agent can help you find ways to save. Let’s take a look at some available auto insurance discounts:
· Multi-car discount: Bundling coverage for all the cars in your household can lead to savings. Insurance providers take several factors into consideration, including the make, model and age of each insured car, along with the ages and driving histories of each driver. Responsible, cautious drivers and cars with built-in safety features will both likely reduce your premiums. Another fact that may be well-known is that a couple does not have to be married to bundle their auto insurance. Ask your agent about bundle policies for roommates or live-in significant others.
· Multi-policy discount: Bundling your home and auto insurance together with the same provider can lead to savings. Though this is the most common bundle, you are not limited to only auto and home. You can add your boat or RV to your insurance policy. Ask your agent about what else you can bundle together for insurance savings.
· Good driver discount: Drivers with clean records, free of accidents and tickets, may be eligible for vanishing deductibles. Some providers may offer premium discounts to safe drivers with similar records. Taking a defensive driving course may also qualify you for a good driver discount. Ask your agent if any of these options are right for you.
· Good student discount: Students who maintain at least a B average may qualify for a good student discount. Provide documentation of your grades to your agent each time you renew your policy. Hitting the books may not always be fun, but it can lead to significant savings.
· Federal government discount: Many federal employees must pass intensive screenings and are therefore considering low-risk. Members of the IRS, FBI, USPS, FCC, Federal Reserve and many more government organizations may qualify for this discount, along with their spouses.
· Armed forces discount: Individuals who have served our country may qualify for a discount. There are also specialized policies for maintaining a reduced rate of insurance while deployed on active duty. Talk to your agent about military discount options.
· Teacher discount: Teachers and professors may qualify for specialized discounts, such as a reduced deductible if your car is vandalized on school property. Educated individuals are statistically less likely to be in a collision, so inform your agent of your credentials and your driving record.
Auto insurance doesn’t have to break the bank. Call Prime Insurance Agency at (630) 539-0123 for more information on Schaumburg auto insurance.